Youth Opportunity – Yellow Briar Area Youth Commissioner
Are you passionate about Scouting, and looking to take on a leadership role? The Council Youth Commissioner is seeking applications for the AYC role for Yellow Briar. Check out the job description here.
The deadline for applications is May 31st, 2015.
Details on how to apply: AYC – Yellow Briar
Thanks for your interest!
Yours in Scouting,
Alexander Court – Central Escarpment Council Youth Commissioner
April 25 - May 3 Good Turn Week
Check out the GTW website -HERE-
CUB STEM Program Support Material
For further information on STEM resources click -HERE-
Volunteer Position - Area Commisioner Yellow Briar Area
SCOUTS CANADA – VOLUNTEER JOB POSTING
Yellow Briar Area, Central Escarpment Council
Have you always wanted to make a real difference in the growth and development of youth in your community? Are you energetic, organized; a natural leader who can work at the top level to support and lead volunteers? Do you enjoy being part of a dynamic team? You’re invited to submit your application for the volunteer position of:
Yellow Briar Area
Appointed by and accountable to the Council Commissioner of Central Escarpment Council, you’ll be required to donate 16 - 20 hours per month (on average) to this position. An Area Commissioner may hold this position for no more than 3 consecutive years, each term being for one year as per By-Law, Policies and Procedures. Working closely with the Area Youth Commissioner, the Area Support Manager and theArea Team you will help plan and manage the affairs of your geographic Area and be the principle contact for your Area regarding program management; service to the group’s membership development, adult development and ensuring a safe environment for youth to learn and develop.
Above all, you’ll play a key role in ensuring your Area Action Plan is consistent with the Council Action Plan and focuses. As a member of the Council Management Team, you will represent your Area at the Council Management meetings every other month. Your upbeat, positive attitude will encourage a climate favourable for growth of Canada’s best youth movement. You’ll support the promotion of all seven programs currently offered for youth aged 5 – 26. With a keen eye for great leaders who think like you, you’ll selectively recruit, orient and appoint Deputy Area Commissioners and other volunteers for your Area team.
The ideal candidate will have....
- Committed to undertake further personal development related to the role of Area Commissioner within one year
- Recognized training qualification or equivalent experience in program, project and volunteer management
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Sound knowledge and compliance with Scouts Canada By-Laws, Policies and Procedures including Risk Management best practices and the Volunteer Recruitment & Development (VRAD) Process
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication with excellent command of the English language and telephone manners
- Ability to motivate others and be a mentor
- Sound and effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Access to a computer and proficient in Microsoft applications and email
- Registered as a member of Scouts Canada or willing to become a member
Please forward a cover letter and résumé, indicating the relevant qualifications for this position