Welcome to Your New World
We’re so excited the program updates are here! The Canadian Path team has been hard at work for the past couple of years to give Scouting in Canada a fresh new look and now it’s available across the country!
All sections will see some changes, but some things have stayed the same. With a focus on youth-led activities our youth are more involved than ever in planning their adventures and exploring their world!
For an overview of some of the changes in each section check out this video - Symbolic Frameworks — an animated introduction: Let none other than Baden-Powell himself walk you and your youth through the Symbolic Frameworks of The Canadian Path. This animation is intended to provide all of our youth with an overview of what they can expect to see of The Canadian Path and get them thinking about their Personal Journey.
Canadian Path Scouter Manual
The Scouter Manual has arrived to support Section Scouters in their adoption of the Canadian Path. This is also an opportunity for Scouters to provide feedback on this important resource. We encourage you to track your thoughts and provide them to us via the survey on the ‘Get Involved’ page of Canadianpath.ca — where you’ll also find links to provide feedback on other resources.
Here are a few other important notes regarding the draft Scouter Manual:
- The Scouter Manual will be released in two parts:
- The first half will be released in September 2015 and contains the content that applies to all Sections
- The second half will be released in October 2015 and contains the Section-specific information.
- There will no longer be a manual for each Section’s Scouters; this manual will serve as the key resource for all Section Scouters.
- The Scouter Manual will be released in English only this fall, but will be available bilingually when the final version is released in the early summer.
- The Canadian Path team will be collecting feedback until January 8, 2016, at which point we will collect all of the feedback received and work to incorporate it into the manual.