Registration Now Open - CEC Wood Badge II
“Registration Now Open”
“On The Path” - Wood Badge II – Spring 2016
Central Escarpment Council
This course will provide you with the advanced skills necessary to plan and run Scouts Canada’s youth programs in compliance with Program Standards and By-Laws Policies and Procedures. It will enhance your knowledge and skill base as well as advance your own leadership skills. You will have an opportunity to network with other Scouters, allowing you a chance to learn from each other, share ideas and develop as a team.
The emphasis of the course will be on developing a well-developed program through long-term program planning, outdoor activities, and team development. As a participant, you’ll take part in numerous presentations, discussions, and activities that explore and advance your understanding of the Core Objectives of Wood Badge II. At the successful completion of this course, you will have earned your Wood Badge II Beads and Gilwell Necker.
This Course is for Scouters from all Sections – Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Venturers, and Rovers – spaces are limited in each section. Don’t delay, register early. You will be considered registered when both the application form and payment have both been received. Final registration date will be Friday, February 26th. No late registrations will be accepted.
- April 1, 2, and 3, 2016 at Blue Springs Scout Reserve
- April 29, 30, and May 1, 2016, Everton Scout Camp
- $220.00 – Residential course; accommodations and all meals included.
- Wood Badge I in the section you are applying for
- Area Commissioner Approval
- Be an active leader in the section for a minimum of one year.
- Download the application form by clicking pdf -HERE- (51 KB) .
- Have your Area Commissioner approve it
- Mail the application and fee to:
Scouts Canada - Central Escarpment Council
10 Kodiak Cr., Unit 120, Toronto, Ontario M3J6G5
Attention: Wood Badge II Registration
Reduced Registration Fee
Great News! Registration is now $150. We still have Scouting Groups accepting registrations. Click -here- to find a Group near you!
Yellow Briar Area Races Sleepover 2016
Who: All Yellow Briar Beavers, Cub, and Scouts
Where: North Bramalea United Church, 363 Howden Blvd, Brampton, ON
When: Friday March 4, 7pm till Saturday March 5, 4pm
Registration Deadline: February 13th
Cost $15 per Beaver / Cub / Scout
Includes Activities, Snack, Breakfast and Lunch
What you need to bring
- Uniform & appropriate indoor footwear.
- Overnight Gear for sleepover (Concrete floors) & Mess Kit
- Scout Vehicle kit appropriate for your age group.
What we are doing
- NEW this year! We’ll be building and playing / racing the vehicles during this event.
- Cubs and Scouts will have the opportunity to work with experienced woodworkers on either a Scroll saw or a Band saw to cut out their vehicle.